ResumePosted by juel2050 / August 11th, 2016 / No responses
Dr.Juel Chowdhury MD
Juel Chowdhury began his professional education at the Gulf Medical University, UAE where he received his first profession degree in medicine (Doctor of Medicine). Since then, his works have led him to exchange scientific ideas with Nobel laureate Dr. Ferid Murad and many well-known scientists such as Dr. Robert Winn Director of UI health Chicago. He is the founder and president of Oncomarks.org an online professional network with an open access journal for the oncologists. His innovative iGenX lab is a gene research lab based on data-mining and data analysis of the various gene-chip experiments. Dr. Chowdhury is also proficient in several languages and computer programs. Reviewer of well-known journals like Tumor Biology and JCMT. Editorial Board member of JUMD, and many professional societies like ASCO and ISOBM. He was the director of ISOBM (International society of oncology and biomarkers) 2016 congress held in Chicago and also the member of Organizing Committee for the upcoming ISOBM 2017 congress which will be hosted in Brazil. He is an expert in Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers, facial reconstruction and hair transplant procedures from Ohio,USA and Poland. He also contributed as an Organizing committee of 14th and upcoming 15th Transitional medicine and oncologist meet, San Francisco, CA.
Head & neck, lung & upper aero digestive tumors, tumor stem cells. Nitric oxide in tumor environment.
Expression of cross-tolerance to a wide range of conditions in a human lung cancer cell line after adaptation to nitric oxide
Publishing Journal: Tumor Biology, SAGE
A Case of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Vasculitis Presenting as Deep Venous
Thrombosis with Pulmonary Embolism (DVT/PE) Managed with Catheter
Read full article
A rare case of delayed chronic pneumonitis following non-medical grade silicone injections in a transgender woman
Volume II Chapter 19 Role of Phospholipases in Cell Death
Publisher: Oct 2018, Wiley-Blackwell
To be published:
Read Full Resume
Gulf Medical University — Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.), Medicine, 2007 – 2013
Kaplan Test Prep — Kaplan USMLE Preparatory Course, 2013 – 2014
HIPPA Privacy and Awareness Training (University of Miami)
Cambridge School of Doha — High School / Secondary Diploma, 2004 – 2006
Botulinum Toxin / Dermal Fillers, Aesthetic Medical Educators Training Center — May 2015 – Present
Anatomically based training of non-surgical, minimally invasive, facial injectable program of its kind. Additionally, this is where Dr. Chowdhury also completed training in Botox, dermal fillers, anti-wrinkles, and skin care consultation.
Dr. Chowdhury has a broad range of skills and expertise, including but not limited to: healthcare, Microsoft Office, customer service, cancer biology research, teaching, strategic planning, hospital care, clinical research, public speaking, public health, responsive web design, and computer programming proficiency. In addition, he speaks six languages fluently; English, Hindi, German, Arabic, Urdu, and Bengali.
Journal Editorial Boards:
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Unexplored Medical Data — August 2016 – Present
The Journal of Unexplored Medical Data (JUMD) is an open-access, peer-reviewed, online journal that encompasses reporting of pilot and unpublished clinical and biological studies.
Reviewer, JCMT Journal — July 2016 – Present
As editorial reviewer, Dr. Chowdhury’s aim is to improve the readability of a manuscript by determining ways in which it can be clarified and simplified.
Editorial Board Member, Oncomarks Journal — July 2016 – Present
Oncomarks is an international, open-access publisher which focuses on the publication of online academic journals in oncology.
Tumor Biology Editorial Reviewer, Tumor Biology Journal-Springer — June 2016 – Present
As editorial reviewer, Dr. Chowdhury is responsible for improving the fluidity of the submissions. He specializes in Tumor Markers, Tumor Targeting, and Translational Cancer Research.
Journal of Integrative Oncology (Editorial Board Member)
Journal of Cancer Clinical Trials (Editorial Board Member)
Journal of Dentistry and Oral Biology
Allied Journal of Medical Research (Editorial Board Member)
Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer and Stromal Tumors (Editorial Board Member)
International Journal of Biochemistry & Physiology (IJBP) (Editorial Board Member)
Member in Training, American Society of Clinical Oncology — June 2016 – Present
Currently a member in training at ASCO.
Judge, International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers Abstract Evaluation Committee — October 2015 – Present
As the International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers (ISOBM) is constantly looking for new additions to research, being a judge on the Abstract Evaluation Committee is essential to the organization’s expansion and versatility.
Congress-Chicago Director, International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers — October 2015 – Present
The aim of the International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers (ISOBM) is to move Towards Precision Medicine: From Biomarker Discovery to Novel Therapies. Currently, Dr. Chowdhury is a board member of the Scientific Committee, the Organizing Committee, Editorial Board Member, Regional Director of ISOBM operations, and creator of the ISOBM 2016 Congress website.
Oncology Researcher, University of Illinois at Chicago — September 2015 – Present
Dr. Chowdhury’s research interests are as follows: head & neck cancer, lung & upper aerodigestive tumors, labyrithin biology in human tumors, lasers and PDT, and human tumor stem cells.
Instructor & Curriculum Advisor, National College of Health — May 2016 – July 2016
As the instructor and syllabus director, Dr. Chowdhury gave lectures on phlebotomy as well as instructed the connecting phlebotomy lab. Additionally, he aided the college in preparing the syllabus and assessment evaluations and also completed preparation for my Board Certification Examinations at this institution.
Physician Associate, Home Physician Services — July 2014 – January 2015
As a physician associate, Dr. Chowdhury became more well-versed in health care as well as home physician services.
Intern Physician, Umm Al Quwain Hospital — September 2013 – November 2014
He was given the opportunity to complete his internship at the Umm Al Quwain Hospital.
Summer Training, Universitätsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf — August 2011
Following his rotation experience in August through September of 2010, Dr. Chowdhury completed a summer training course where he continued to strengthen and apply his previously acquired skills.
Guest Doctor, Universitätsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf — August 2010 – September 2010
This program provided opportunities to gain real, hands-on, outpatient German healthcare experience. It incorporated training with electronic medical records, how to interview a patient and do a physical exam, and how to do vitals, EKG, and CT. The program proved beneficial later, inspiring several lectures on common medical problems and conferences.
Awards & Recognition
International Society of Oncology and Biomarker Scientific Merit Award — 2016
ISOBM Scientific Merit Award.
Best Poster Presentation Award, San Fransisco, CA
Recognition of outstanding services rendered in organizing (14th Annual Conference on Translational Medicine and Oncologists Meet)
www. Oncomarks.org (Founder and President)
An online professional network with an open access journal for the oncologists and researcher.
Professional website built, designed and run by Juel Chowdhury, M.D.
Member of the International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers — 2016 – Present
Currently awaiting confirmation of becoming a board member.
Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology — 2016 – Present
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is a professional organization representing physicians of all oncology subspecialties who care for people with cancer.
Young Scientist Member, International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers — 2015 – Present
The International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers (ISOBM) is a society of well known cancer researchers. Founded in the 1970s and concentrating in Cancer Biomarkers, Tumor Biology and novel Cancer Therapeutics, ISOBM is one of the premier international organizations with a broad interest in Tumor Biomarkers.
American Society of Clinical Pathology MemberID: 25604351
AAMC ID: 14432624
Botox & Fillers — April 2015
Aesthetic Medical Educators Training
AHA BLS for Health Care Providers (CPR & AED) — February 2013 – 2015
American Heart Association, American Stroke Association
Surgery Workshop — December 2010
Emirates Medical Students Society
Basic Clinical Skills Clinical Training — November 2007
Gulf Medical University. License 2007M033
ISBO 2016 (43rd Anuual Conference)
Best of ASCO, Chicago, Illinois — 2016
Voice for Solidarity and Peace — 2016
6th UAE Medical Student Conference — 2012
First Emirates Hematology Conference, Dubai, UAE — 2011
Qatar Health Conference and Workshop (Radiology Track)— 2010
5th UAE Medical Student Conference and Workshop (Suturing Techniques), RAK UAE — 2010
Conference on Pain and Anesthesia, University of Sharjah — 2010
Annual Scientific Meeting, Gulf Medical University, UAE— 2010
8th GHA Cardiovascular Conference, Doha Qatar — 2010
4th UAE Medical Student Conference, University of Sharjah, UAE — 2009
3rd UAE Medical Student Conference, Boston Rotana, UAE — 2008
ISOBM 2017 Brazil (Organizing Committee)
15th Annual Conference on Translational Medicine and Oncologists Meet, New York, USA (Organizing Committee)
- Elements of Oncology
Juel Chowdhury, M.D.
- Chapter 18: Role of Phospholipase in Cell Death
Manikanda Raja K, Juel Chowdhury, M.D., James A Radosevich, PhD.
- Chapter XX: Autophagy
Abdallah A. AL-Oweidi DDS, Mollie K. Rojas, Juel Chowdhury, M.D., Khatja Batool, M.D.
- Articles :
- Media Influence on the Body Image Among Students in UAE
- The Cadherin-1, Type-1 (CDH1) Gene is Down Regulated by High Nitric Oxide Levels in Head & Neck Squamous Cell Carcinomas (SCC)
- Cell Division Cycle Protein 27 (CDC27) Is Down-Regulated In High Nitric Oxide-Adapted Breast Cancer Cell Lines
- Tumor Stem Cell (TSC) Creation via High Nitric Oxide (HNO) Adaptation in Adenocarcinomas (ACs)
- Pseudogenes May Play a Role in Cancer Stem Cell Formation via Increased Nitric Oxide (NO) Exposure
- High Nitric Oxide Adapted Tumor Cells Ensure Survival by Up or Down Regulating Specific Genes within the Apoptosis Pathway
- Transmembrane Glycoprotein NMB (GPNMB) Is Overexpressed in Head & Neck (H&N) Squamous Cell Carcinomas (SCC) Exposed To Increased Levels of Nitric Oxide (NO)
- JUN, FOS, & AP1 Are Upregulated in High Nitric Oxide (NO) Exposed Head & Neck Cancer Cells
- JDown Regulation of Condensin Complex I Protein in Head and Neck (H&N) Squamous Cell Cancer (SCC) Cell Lines Adapted To High Levels of Nitric Oxide (NO)
Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Angiogenesis in Renal Cancer-signaling Pathways and Their Therapeutic Implications
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02075
- MicroRNAs as Biomarkers in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Chondrosarcoma
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02288
- Tumour Biology of Obesity Related Cancers: Understanding the Molecular Concept for Better Diagnosis and Treatment
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02255
- miR-29a Suppresses MCF-7 Cell Growth by Downregulating TNFR1
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02293
- Inhibition of MicroRNA-21 via Locked Nucleic Acid -anti-miR Suppressed Metastatic Features of Colorectal Cancer Cells Through Modulation of Programmed Cell Death 4
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02284
- Prometastatic Mechanisms of CAF-mediated EMT-MET Regulation in Pancreatic Cancer Cells
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02307
- The Expression of HtrA2 and its Diagnostic Value in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02329
- TRPV6 is a Prognostic Marker in Early-stage Cervical Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02529
- Endocan Reduces the Malign Grade of Gastric Cancer Cells by Regulating Associated proteins Expression
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02085
- Expressions of TRPC1 and EphA2/ephrinA1 in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Correlations with Tumor Angiogenesis and Clinical Outcome
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02194
- Balaglitazone Reverses P-glycoprotein-mediated Multidrug Resistance Via Up-regulation of PTEN in a PPARy-dependent Manner in Leukemia Cells
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02295
- EHD1 Regulates Breast Cancer Progression via EGFR-signal-related Endocytosis-Recycling
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01022
- Ginsenoside 10(S)-Rg3 Suppresses Ovarian Cancer Migration via HIF-1alpha and NF-kapaB Signals
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01781
- CXCR4 Promotes the Growth and Sphre Formation of Breast Cancer Side Population Cells under Hypoxia Through c-Jun-mediated Transcriptional Activation of ABCG2
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01770
- ABT737 Reverses Cisplatin Resistance by Regulating ER-mitochondria Ca2+ Signal Transduction in Human Ovarian Cancer Cells
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01828
- LDOC1 Regulates Wnt5a Expression and Osteosarcoma Cell Metastasis and is Correlated with the Survival of Osteosarcoma Patients
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01877
- Association Between the GSTP1 IIe105Val Polymorphism and Risk of Cancer: Evidence from 400 Case-control Studies
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01883
- Transketolase (TKT) Contributes to Migration, Invasion, Angiogenesis, and Tumorigenesis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01900
- Upregulation of Annexing A1 Expression by Butyrate in Human Melanoma Cells Induces Invasion by inhibiting E-cadherin Expression
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01989
- Expression and Prognostic Value of E2F-activators in NSCLC and Subtypes: A Research Based on Bioinformatics Analysis
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-01999
- IL-6 Secreted by Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Promotes Epithelial-mesenchymal Transition and metastasis of Gastric Cancer via JAK2/STAT3 Signaling Pathway
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02017
- GENISTEIN AFFECTS EXPRESSION OF CYTOCHROME P450 (CYP450) GENES IN HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA (HEPG2/C3A) CELL LINE
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02070
- Peripheral Blood Methylome of Young Breast Cancer Patients: Novel Potential Non-invasive Epimarkers
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02777
- Follow-up of Gestational Trophoblastic Disease/Neoplasia via Quantification of Circulating Nucleic Acids of Placental Origin Using C19MC microRNAs, hypermethylated RASSF1A and SRY Sequences
Manuscript Number: TUBI-D-16-02835
- Is It Possible That Molecular Interactions of the Trophoblast-Specific Beta-Glycoprotein Could Determine Its Function?
- Volunteer, World Health Day, Gulf Medical University — 2009 – Present
- “Dear Dr. Juel Chowdhury, M.D.,
- I would like to personally thank you for your contribution to my project Medmicrobes from November 12th, 2008 until April 14th 2010 while you were my student at Gulf Medical University. Your contribution to the website, the Microbiology SAQs, is a valuable study resource for current students taking the Professional M.B.B.S. Part-II final examination. The project involved compiling data collected from multiple textbooks and other sources, and then organizing and summarizing them in a comprehensive and concise way. The SAQs portion is a practical way for students to study complex processes in forum style discussion. It is vital that as technology develops we keep our resources up to date, to take advantage of the new avenues for dissemination and educational dialogue. Thank you for all of your work.”
- Disaster Management, American Red Cross, Chicago & Northern Illinois — 2014 – Present
- Children Day Guest Speaker, Consul of Bangladesh, Chicago, Illinois — 2016 – Present
- “Dear Dr. Juel Chowdhury, M.D.,
- On behalf of the Honorary Consul of Bangladesh at Chicago, I would like to thank you for being a special guest speaker for our children’s health awareness program, A Children’s Day with Bangladesh on the 2nd of April, 2016.
- We were extremely fortunate to have someone of your professional expertise and credentials agree to volunteer their time for such a valuable community event. Your enthusiasm and positive spirit helped make a day with the children both informative and fun as they learned about diet, exercise, and hygiene.
- It was a pleasure to work with you and I know the children appreciated the colorful presentation accompanying your lecture.
- Consul of Bangladesh at Chicago”
- Learning and Audio Visual Educational Sponsor, Uganda Deaf and Blind Children School, Uganda — 2016 – Present
- Chowdhury’s role as a learning and audio visual educational sponsor was giving $200 worth of books, writing utensils, and other educational materials to the deaf and blind children of the Ugandan school. He also had the opportunity to travel to Uganda to spend time with the children, get to know them, and interact with them.
- Volunteer, International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers, Chicago, Illinois — 2016 – Present
- At the International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers, Dr. Chowdhury’s contributions involve being the executive director of the program, scheduling events, communicating with keynote speakers and attendees, and finalizing all reports.
Honors and Awards
National College of Health Phlebotomy Syllabus Updates
National College of Health
In addition to reformatting the preexisting course, your judicious contributions included instructional videos, as well as an entirely new portion entitled Blood Bank. Blood Bank provides hands on experience and real world application that students will find useful after they have completed the certification program. Our aim is ultimately to prepare students for the challenges that will arise outside of the classroom setting.
Microbiology SAQs M.B.B.S Study Resource Website Medmicrobes
Your contribution to the website, the Microbiology SAQs, is a valuable study resource for current students taking the Professional M.B.B.S. Part-II final examination. The project involved compiling data collected from multiple textbooks and other sources, and then organizing and summarizing them in a comprehensive and concise way. The SAQs portion is a practical way for students to study complex processes in forum style discussion. It is vital that as technology develops we keep our resources up to date, to take advantage of the new avenues for dissemination and educational dialogue.
Thank you for your all of your work,
Microbiology Department of GMU
person has recommended Dr.Juel
“Dr. Juel is a great professional and expert in his filed. Very caring and passionate person and has enthusiasm
personality . ”
— Samuel Gabay, was with another company when working with Dr.Juel at University of Illinois at
” Dr Joel Chowdhury did his MBBS degree from Gulf Medical University and graduated in the year 2012.
As a medical student he has shown tremendous enthusiasm to learn and never tired of working hard. I
observed him to be a well motivated student and always had a keen thirst for knowledge. He was always
prompt on clarifying his doubts and was never shy of asking any question. When given a task, he has always ensured to complete it on time and also, did not compromise on the quality of work. He would always use the university library and find many scientific papers related to the subject and read them carefully. He was very enthusiastic about his work and I am quite impressed at his motivation, diligence and independence. Also,I have found him to be well organized and he thrives under adversity. Dr Joel has been actively pursuing research in the field of oncology with special emphasis on tumor biology. He has been recognized well by the scientific bodies in the field of cancer research. ”
— Ragunathan Chandramouli, Dean Assessment & Evaluation, Gulf Medical University, taught Dr.Juel at
Gulf Medical University
Contact Dr.Juel on LinkedIn